Wifi in garage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi in garage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wifi in garage
Wifi in garage
2022-04-08 15:09:45
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I purchased the TP-Link Powerline WiFi Extender - Powerline Adapter with WiFi, WiFi Booster, Plug & Play, Power Saving, Ethernet over Power, Expand both Wired and WiFi Connections, AV600 (TL-WPA4220 KIT) to get stronger wifi in the upstairs of my house. The kit works great.

Now I want to add an additional module in my garage. I purchased the TL-PA7017. I paired in & the green LED shows that it is connected.

But when I try to find it on my Roku, no networks are found.

Any idea what to do next?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi in garage
2022-04-11 08:41:49 - last edited 2022-04-11 08:43:26

Hello @Aero241 

- For best performance you could consider powerline kit of the same speed, or refer to the guide here to select more extenders. 

How can I select the powerline device?

In your case, to work with AV600, AV600/ AV1300 kit are more recommended. 

- Please check if the new powerline kit has been added into the old powerline network or not, download tpPLC Utility and check how many powerline units are found?  If only 2 units show up, that could due to new kit has not paired with the old kit yet,  please try to add more powerline unit as guide here:   How to add a device to the network using tpPLC Utility (new logo)?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 438

Replies: 1

Related Articles