AX6000 Thotlling down selected software

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-09 01:57:17
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: latest

I believe I've had this router for 2 years or so. Last month it started to throttle down some software on my PC, others still normal. For instance, my speeds are about 700 Mbps down, 50 Mbps Up. Speedtest app from Windows Store reports 700 normally, while speedtest website on Firefox reports... 14 Mbps. At the same time, Jdownloader, which normaly downloads at about 50 MB/s, downloads at... 1,5 MB/s. Speedtest on Microsoft Edge then reports around 400 Mbps... Upload speeds remain consistently at maximum.

I was using older firmware, but upgrading to 2021 firmware doesn't change anything. When I connect directly to the IPS's modem Wifi, speeds are at maximum in every software. Doing same speedtest via Andoid app on my phone or speedtest website, speeds are normal.

QoS in standard mode

no device with priority (tried giving PC priority, but did not work)

OFDMA off

Windows 11

Intel 11th gen, with WIFI6 AX201

TV and other stuff connected via Ethernet sem to be working fine.

I hope somebody can help. Thanks in advance.

Options
6 Reply
Re:AX6000 Thotlling down selected software
2022-04-11 03:08:14

@MB17 

Since this only happens on this specific Windows 11 PC, I would suggest checking and updating the AX201 driver version to the latest first, then rebooting both the AX6000 and the PC to monitor the speed again.

I believe the PC is connected to the 5G network of the AX6000 automatically, but I would still suggest you try disabling the Smart Connect on the router, create a different SSIDs for the 2.4G and 5G networks, then connect the PC to the 5G one, monitor and test the speed again.

You can also try modifying the 5G channels, choose one that is less congested, then monitor.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-04-11 18:26:01 - last edited 2022-04-11 18:26:57

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your answer.

- AX201 driver updated

- Smart Connect disabled

- Has been operating with 5G and 2.4 G separated, both share the same results

- Changing the 5G doesn't solve, and through Ethernet I have the same results. It seems some sort of "filter" throughout all traffic of router.

I hope this clarifies. Pls let me know.

Options
2022-04-12 03:49:02

@MB17 

Is there any special software that is running on the Windows 11 PC, such as anti-virus software? Please try running the PC in Safe Mode, and test the speed without opening any applications, then confirm if the speed will be normal.

If you don't mind resetting the AX6000 to its factory defaults and reconfiguring it from scratch, I guess that would be worth a try, that will exclude all customized settings on the router, you can connect the PC to it and test the speed. You can then add the configuration back one by one to determine which one may affect the speed on the PC.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-04-12 19:49:54

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks. Yes, I guess I won't be able to avoid the reset course, unfortunately...

Options
2022-04-13 22:11:12

I factory reseted the router to no result.

Could it be that the ISP modem is doing the throttling on the AX6000? I tried to find a setting that could be doing it, but could not grasp what it could be. Reminding that when I connect the PC directly to the ISP modem all speeds at all apps are OK, at their maximum.

Options
2022-04-15 06:19:29

@MB17 

Nope, I don't see any proof does it point to your ISP also since you confirmed the PC can get a normal speed when it is connected to the ISP modem directly bypassing the router.

Have you checked all the settings on it already? Especially the anti-virus? Just to be sure, only this PC has this slow speed issue when doing the testing, right? I would suggest contacting the manufacturer of the adapter or the computer directly to see if they have suggestions.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 437

Replies: 6

Related Articles