Archer AX3000 Password lost

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-10 20:04:03
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 6

All of a sudden my TV, Printers and Wi-Fi computers stopped working.

Tried reset button, Passwords that were written down but still no luck.

After attemped resets did not produce an option for two inputs of admin.

Codes on bottom of device did not work.  Tried for 4 hours and 10 tries and

at that time I was loocked olt duer to limit of 10 tries.. Tried Cable connection

so to connect directly to TP still could not reset any thing.

Down loaded instructions from main computer and followed them on the 

remote direct cabled  (Wi-Fi) computers still did not work. Coulld not reset any

thing !  

Zoom meetings for remote religeous meetings of course do not work.

This unit is only a few month old ?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX3000 Password lost
2022-04-11 12:01:29

@Diom 

What if you connect a computer directly to the ISP modem, will you still connect to the internet? 

If the modem still gives you internet access, please try resetting the AX3000 to factory defaults again by pressing and holding the reset button on its back panel until the LEDs flash off then back on, check again if you can connect to the default wireless network with the default password given on its label.

Options
2022-04-11 17:29:21

@Kevin_Z  Please look at original posting.  I listed direct cable connection as one of  the things I had tried.

Can you give me any other suggestons?

This unit is less than 3 month old.

Options
2022-04-12 03:41:12

@Diom 

My first suggestion was to connect a computer to the modem, not the AX3000, have you tried that? Modem is the device provided by your ISP. You can test for sure if you still have internet from the modem first, then we can troubleshoot on the AX3000.

When you press the reset button on the AX3000 to reset it to the factory defaults, were the LEDs turning off then on? If the LEDs on the AX3000 don't change at all, I guess the reset was not successful, please try one more time and be sure you have pressed the button firmly and closely enough. 

If the reset still fails, I would suggest contacting the local tech support to be advised further if the router is faulty and needs to be replaced:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 619

Replies: 3