Router seems to reset it self randomly, seems like when something is using alot of data,

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router seems to reset it self randomly, seems like when something is using alot of data,

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-13 01:34:24
Model: Archer AX21  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.15 Build 20211231 rel.73898

I have 12 connections, 1 wired and 11 wireless all running (cameras, phones, tablets, cromecast, PC-wired) and the router will randomly reset it self. this only seems to happen when I have my PC that is wired connected and running multiple programs pulling data. Is there a setting I have wrong or something, its pretty annoying. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router seems to reset it self randomly, seems like when something is using alot of data,
2022-04-18 08:39:51

@PaulRamseyAF 

Can you explain what you mean by router reset itself? Does it lose all configurations and you need to reconfigure it from scratch, or it just restarts automatically?

If it is the latter, please determine the CPU and memory usage when you connect the PC to the router and try to run multiple programs pulling data. What kind of programs you are running? If you just connect the PC and do normal web browsing, the router doesn't restart itself, right?

I would suggest resetting the router to factory defaults if it is not newly installed, then reconfigure it and monitor the connectivity again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 339

Replies: 1

Related Articles