HELP NEEDED! How do I add my HP wireless printer to the network?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-13 08:26:47
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

HELP! Its driving my nuts, for weeks I have been trying to add my HP laser 107w wireless printer to the network. I thought this would be simple but cant find a way to do it.

I have held the wi-fi button on the printer so it blinks and pressed the WPS button on the router but nothing happens. I cant set it up on my computer or laptop until the printer is on the network. Sorry if I sound silly. I would be grateful for any advice?

Options
3 Reply
Re:HELP NEEDED! How do I add my HP wireless printer to the network?
2022-04-18 08:51:46

@LailaG 

If WPS doesn't connect the printer to the network, you can try to connect the printer to the network manually.

Firstly, please login to the router web interface page to find out your correct SSID and password for the network as follows:

How to find or change the wireless password on the TP-Link products

If Smart Connect is enabled, you will see the same 2.4G and 5G network. To separate them, you can disable the Smart Connect and create different SSIDs for 2.4G and 5G.

Then, search for the network on your HP printer utility / APP as described in its User Manual (you may search for "HP Laser 107w Manuals", then navigate to Manuals, you will see the User Manual of the printer).

You will be able to connect to the network.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-06-01 00:41:08

@LailaG 

I have the same problem with my HP 1102w

after some effort, I found out the problem coming from the HP 1102w did not support the 5G band of the AX20 WiFi 

because it could connect my other older WiFi router which only have 2.4G band

I think it possibly could be solved with the setting of guest WiFi sharing and limited to only 2.4G band

Options
2022-06-01 10:45:20

1102w printer did not support 5G... already mentioned in HP forum

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1117

Replies: 3

Related Articles