Why do you give incorrect instructions for a reset?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-16 16:36:28 - last edited 2022-04-18 00:57:10

I recently got a new router from TP-Link, an Archer C6. It's one of the less-expensive models, but not the cheapest. After setup, I forgot the password. No problem, I thought. I'll just reset to factory settings and go on.

I climbed up a stepladder to the router (on a high shelf) and pressed the right "button" as instructed by the "Quick Installation Guide." But, no matter how many times I pushed that darn button, nothing happened. So I climbed up again, studied the back carefully and found a small hole with the word "Reset" in tiny tiny type below it.

So, I climbed down again, found my universal computer repair tool (paper clip), climbed up the stepladder again and inserted it in the small hole for the required 5 seconds. It still did not work. The router still is asking for a password that I know won't work.

So, what is this? An evil plot to frustrate consumers? An effort to increase the sales of Cisco routers? Right now I just want to throw the TP-Link router against the wall.

On my Wi-Fi the router is identified as TP-Link 7B8E.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Why do you give incorrect instructions for a reset?
2022-04-16 17:03:08 - last edited 2022-04-18 00:57:10

@Techlady I found the model number. It's 7b8E,

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 282

Replies: 1

Related Articles