Deco perental control bedtime does not block Youtube

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-25 00:33:05
Model: Deco W7200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am using the free version of parental control.

I set bedtime but I have noticed that some websites can still be used, like Youtube and Google.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Deco perental control bedtime does not block Youtube
2022-04-25 10:03:15

@Richardax 

Welcome to the community.

Could you please add one more device to the same profile and test whether it is still able to access the internet during bedtime?

Except for Youtube and Google, have most of the websites been blocked?

If the device is put to incognito mode, are you still able to access Youtube?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Options
2022-06-27 17:20:35

I am having the same issue. Using the free version of bedtime and it does not block Youtube and Netflix during those hour.

Deco XE75

Firmware 1.1.5 Build 20220429 Rel. 1833

Options
2022-06-28 11:51:01

@lamgiang 

Hi, during bedtime, no websites are supposed to be accessible. Have you tried to clear the browsing caches, then test again in Incognito Mode?

By the way, do you mean both YouTube and Netflix APPs and websites, or only APPs?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-06-28 16:22:26

@David-TP 

Both apps and websites (not all but google, youtube, etc) will still work during bedtime.

Restarting the main deco will make it work as expected again for a couple of days.

Options
2022-06-28 16:27:29
I did not see your first reply. So when i restart the main deco, it will work as expected for a couple of days. All of a sudden bedtime will not block some websites will not be blocked. Also the bandwith indicator for each deco will stop working, not sure if it a separate bug or same. All profiles will have the same problem.
Options
2022-06-29 03:15:53

@David-TP 

I have try that and it was still allowing access to youtube app and website on my son iPad and laptop. He was also able connect to Netflix app on the iPad. When I check the deco app it say his iPad was online even after the bedtime hour. I even try blocking the iPad with the block feature and it was still able to access video with youtube like normal. 

Options
2022-07-13 14:34:00

@David-TP 

Do we have any update on this?

Options
2022-07-14 11:26:32

@lamgiang 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

I would like to follow up on your case by email and please check whether you have got an email from me.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information as well:

1. Another user mentioned in the post that after restarting the Deco, bedtime will work as expected for a couple of days, then stop working again. were you also having an issue like this?

2. Please refer to this link to log into the web UI and confirm whether the system time of Deco XE75 is the same as the actual time:

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/kb/detail/326

3. Sometimes due to the private address, IOS devices will randomly change their MAC addresses and be recognized as a new device and if possible, could you please also help me check whether the MAC address is changed or not on the Deco APP?

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 536

Replies: 8