Speed issues Poweline PA7017 kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-28 01:53:34
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have TP-link AX6600 mesh wifi.  One area in the back speeds are a little low so I wanted to try the power line in hopes of improving that.  I get about 150mb over wifi and 12 mb down (not a typo twelve) over the power line.  Both adapters are in the wall outlet (no power strips) I've used older powerline with decent results but certainly not this set.  

Any suggestions before I repack this kit?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Speed issues Poweline PA7017 kit
2022-04-29 03:10:49

Hello  @friday18 

Confirm the powerline units are under the same powerline circuit/ the same power meter. 

Please refer to instruction and remove the factors that may affect the powerline rate: 

What can I do if my powerline rate is very low?

You could put 2 units in the same room. or try a different room for the powerline extender  and test speed , this is to  check if it is affected by power line environment in that room.

Please dowbload tpPLC Utliity and check what is the powerline rate between 2 powerline unit, may I know did you test wire/ wifi speed from powerline unit, what is the WiFI/ WIrelink speed on that device?  

How to prepare for using the tpPLC Utility (new logo)?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 518

Replies: 1