Unable to connect satellite Deco, pulsing blue led

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-09 04:11:02
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V9
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210126 Rel.62679

I am unable to connect the satellite deco to the main deco, the app says it is disconnected from other decos. and the LED for the satellite is pulsing blue.

This issue arose when i moved the satellite deco to another room and the connection dropped. i tried updating the firmware of the deco but nothing helped.

i tried all the steps in this video already but after trying to create a new network using the satellite deco, it just resets after the set up and reverts back to pulsing blue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVgDzoo16T4 

also the i do not have the option in my deco app to add another deco the button is not there. i reinstalled the app and its still the same.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1590/

currently my main deco is working while the stallite deco is pulsing blue with no way to connect to the main

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to connect satellite Deco, pulsing blue led
2022-05-09 08:07:43

@kaizerchief 

Hi, when you try to create a new network using this satellite unit, if it is not connected to the ISP modem and actually it could not get through the setup process and I believe that is why it reverted back to pulsing blue.

As for that you can not see the "+" on the top right, here are some suggestions:

1. Please make sure the smartphone is connected to the Wi-Fi of Deco.--you can forget this network and connect it again to make sure it is on Deco Wi-Fi.

2. Disable the VPN connection if there is any.

3. Force stop the Deco APP and launch the APP again.

Later if you are able to see the "+. button", and the satellite Deco is still unable to be added, it would help if you could record a video clip of the setup process.

And connecting the satellite unit via Ethernet cable to the other M9 nearby would also be a good choice.--After the setup, the cable could be unplugged.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options