Archer AX11000 MU-MIMO router loses internet connection several times a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-10 17:55:13 - last edited 2022-05-10 17:56:28
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20220221 rel.50072(5553)

I  purchased an Archer AX11000 in February 2022. There are several PC's as well as a number of other devices (TV, Multimedia system, smart home controller etc) connected to it with wired connections. I also have a number of wireless devices like phones and iPads that use it. When I installed it, I upgraded all the cabling in order to get the high download/upload speeds that my ISP delivers through my cable modem. (It's a fiber-optic ISP connection.)

It worked great until about 3 weeks ago when it started losing its internet connection several times a day. When it loses the connection, rebooting the router fixes the issue. I've tried all the troubleshooting procedures I can find on the TP-Link site, including restoring the router to its factory defaults, without anything helping. And, yes, I checked with my ISP and they have not shown any outages in my area on their end.

One of the things that makes troubleshooting this nearly impossible is that the router logs don't have anything of value in them relating to the outages. In fact, they have virtually nothing in them at all. There are records from February when I first installed the router and then there are a very few records that always just say:

2022-05-10 13:17:54 Traffic Statistics INFO [9018] Clear all stats because time changed

That was from the latest crash a couple minutes ago. It was the only entry in the log other than the entries from February 21, 2022 when I installed the modem.  After I unplugged and restarted the modem, I got these additional entries:

2022-05-10 13:17:59 UPnP INFO [12025] Service start

2022-05-10 13:17:59 UPnP INFO [12025] Service stop

2022-05-10 13:17:58 Remote Management INFO [11781] Service stop

With regard to these, I should point out that I do not have Remote Management enabled so I'm unclear why I get that entry.

The only thing I can think of that has changed between february and now is that a little more than a month ago I upgraded one of the PC's to Windows 11. All Windows updates have been installed and the system is up-to-date. It doesn't seem like a compatability issue because it frequently happens when I'm not using any of the computers.

I'm really at a complete loss what to do to fix this. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer AX11000 MU-MIMO router loses internet connection several times a day
2022-05-17 03:30:35

@xlucent 

Can I know who is the ISP? Do you still have a stable connection if you connect a computer to the ISP modem directly?

If the modem is stable but the internet on the AX11000 still drops, please save and email the whole system log to tech support for further analysis.

Options
Re:Archer AX11000 MU-MIMO router loses internet connection several times a day
2022-05-19 19:55:40 - last edited 2022-05-19 19:57:07

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for responding, Kevin. I live in a fairly small town in Ohio. My ISP is Armstrong (armstrongonewire dot com). They recently upgraded our service to their new fiber optic network. When they did that, I decided to upgrade my router as well to take advantage of the much higher DL/UL speeds and bought the Archer AX11000. 

When I plug just my computer into the modem without going through the router, it seems quite stable. I can only do it for short periods of time, though, because when I do my WAF ("wife acceptance factor") starts to degrade almost immediately; we have several PC's, phones, iPads and televisions, all of which require connectivity to function. 

The next time it goes out and I'm around to do it, I'll save and email the log to tech support. I should probably reiterate, though, that there's almost nothing in the log and most of the entries are all dated "2022-02-21". (Thinking about it, that seems a little weird since I just checked and I actually installed the router on January 21 (2022-01-21)). 

xlucent

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1241

Replies: 2