Deco E4 - Not Assigning New IP Address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-22 21:27:46
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.4 Build 20211101 Real. 75384

Have been running 2 x Deco E4 for 2 years now without any issues but have recently hit the following problem.  When I get to around 25 devices connected the Deco no longer issues new IP addresses automatically and the only way round it is to manually set an IP on a device that needs to connect unless I reboot the router.  This could happen to devices that have been previously connected and have gone out of range then returned hours later, or simply a device that has gone into standby. 

I have completely reset both Decos and started from scratch but still have the same issue.  I am running the Decos in router mode with a Virgin Media Hub supplying the Internet feed then a mixture of wired and wireless devices running from the Deco units.

I have read about switching the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 which seemed to be a temporary fix but only lasted for a little while.  Any other suggestions?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco E4 - Not Assigning New IP Address
2022-05-23 08:00:02

@darloboy 

Hi, could you please temporarily turn off 2.4ghz under Deco APP>More>Wifi and leave 5Ghz only to see whether you still experience the same issue?

By the way, Do you have any wired clients, and Did they have this issue?

I see Virgin media hub is a modem-router combo, have you ever tried to use Virgin as the router, and put Deco E4 in access point mode?

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco E4 - Not Assigning New IP Address
2022-05-23 10:22:58

@David-TP 

Will give that a go and see how I get on! I haven't put the Virgin Media hub back in to router mode and use the Deco E4 as access point, it will be annoying if I have to do that to fix it because it has worked in router mode for 2 years with no issue! Wired clients also have the issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 293

Replies: 2

Related Articles