Router resets itself to factory default

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-25 11:23:41
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer AX1500(US)_V1_220401

I was travelling last week when I noticed remotely that my home network was down. I could not connect remotely so when I got home I checked the modem and router and the router had reset itself to factory defaults. I connected via Ethernet and went through the setup process again, renaming and entering the password so all my devices could reconnect. This worked well for about 3 days, then it happened again. Went through setup again and in less than 48 hours it happened again. The only thing I can think of is there was a new firmware update dated 16 May 2022 which was during my travel. If the default firmware update setting is "Update Automatically" then I'm sure mine is set for that and it must have updated itself while I was gone. So my questions are: Is this a known issue and if so, is there a fix on the way? How can I fix this issue now and get it to stop resetting to factory default every couple of days? Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Router resets itself to factory default
2022-05-26 02:13:05

Hello @twalls 

Apart from the firmware upgrade, were you aware of any other changes in the network or modem? Who is your ISP, and what is the model of the modem, please?

When you talk about reset, do you mean the router resets itself to factory defaults, and the wifi names are restored to default? 

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

Options
2022-05-26 10:30:02

Thanks for replying  @Kevin_Z 

Sorry for not supplying enough detailed information. By factory default I meant it reset the SSID and all settings to factory defaults, as though this were a new router out of the box. When I log into the router it takes me through the initial setup process.

I was traveling when the problem first occurred so nothing had changed during that time. I have Comcast Internet and it is connected to a Motorola MB7420 cable modem, the same ISP and modem I've used since I bought the router in December 2019.

Thank you.

Options
2022-05-26 11:19:04

@twalls 

Thank you very much for the detailed information. I have reported and forwarded the case to the support engineers, they will look into this and then suggest further. Please check your email box and respond.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1330

Replies: 3

Related Articles