firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
firmware upgrade
firmware upgrade
2022-06-01 09:27:46 - last edited 2022-06-02 21:46:54
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 build 20210719 ref.14861

Hello,

Is it ok to upgrade the firmware from the US site?  Because in bulgarian site, there are not, new upgrades for that version.

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:firmware upgrade-Solution
2022-06-02 00:20:49 - last edited 2022-06-02 21:48:33

@TihomirZlatev,

It is not recommended to use the firmware for another region on your device, as many devices that are released in different regions will have technical specifications or features that are specific to that region. Many times, updates are only available to a specific region because of the fact that it will fix issues with compatibility with the network or laws of that particular area. For this reason, there is no fear of not having the most up-to-date firmware if there is not an update specifically for your region. There is also an option to update the firmware from the User Interface, this feature will automatically download and install the most recent firmwaravailablele for your product.

As a warning, not only can using firmware that is not compatible with your hardware would be more likely to cause issues that are worse than what you were trying to fix; but it can cause further problems when it comes to updating or flashing your device. If the team is working on developing and releasing a new update for your device, the product support page will be the first place to be updated.

Our teams work closely to make sure that firmware updates are made available on all TP-Link sites and product support pages where the firmware would be useful. If the team is working on developing and releasing a new update for your device, the product support page will be the first place to be updated.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:firmware upgrade-Solution
2022-06-02 00:20:49 - last edited 2022-06-02 21:48:33

@TihomirZlatev,

It is not recommended to use the firmware for another region on your device, as many devices that are released in different regions will have technical specifications or features that are specific to that region. Many times, updates are only available to a specific region because of the fact that it will fix issues with compatibility with the network or laws of that particular area. For this reason, there is no fear of not having the most up-to-date firmware if there is not an update specifically for your region. There is also an option to update the firmware from the User Interface, this feature will automatically download and install the most recent firmwaravailablele for your product.

As a warning, not only can using firmware that is not compatible with your hardware would be more likely to cause issues that are worse than what you were trying to fix; but it can cause further problems when it comes to updating or flashing your device. If the team is working on developing and releasing a new update for your device, the product support page will be the first place to be updated.

Our teams work closely to make sure that firmware updates are made available on all TP-Link sites and product support pages where the firmware would be useful. If the team is working on developing and releasing a new update for your device, the product support page will be the first place to be updated.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:firmware upgrade
2022-09-21 17:41:16

@Riley_S 

hello I've been Trying to do a framer upgrade for a Archer AX11000 It says cannot connect to cloud please try again later I've been trying for weeks. I'm here in the US using an iPhone second generation I'm registered with TP Link and my connection to the Wi-Fi is through satellite. Go into their modem and I have the router plugged in to their modem. 

Options
2022-09-21 22:34:07

@NabinNemo,

If you cannot complete the cloud firmware upgrade, you always have the option of downloading the firmware from our support site, loading it to a USB drive, and updating from the router interface that way. 

Instructions on how to do so can be found here: How to Upgrade the Firmware on the TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers

Options
2022-11-22 08:55:08

Hello @TihomirZlatev 

I'm replying to inform you that we have provided an early release version of firmware for Archer AX11000 in this thread, please check and install the firmware if you are also requiring the VPN Client feature:

Early Release firmware for Archer AX11000

Please tag me if you have any further inquiries.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 603

Replies: 4

Related Articles