tpPLC App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

tpPLC App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
tpPLC App
tpPLC App
2022-06-06 21:05:00
Model: TL-PA8010P KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

tpPLC app does not appear in my SETTINGS (Apple) list of apps so I am unable to give it permission to access my devices.  Power line Key entered.

The app is not, according to error messages, updated to Apple latest requirements.

Options
3 Reply
Re:tpPLC App
2022-06-07 05:59:57

Hello @Devilsmane 

If you do not find tpPLC in IOS device Settings search bar, look for it under Settings directly among the APPs.

After you download the app and open it for the first time, usually there is a pop-up window from the phone itself to ask for 'Local network' permission, if  you tap ' OK' then you already gave the permission. 

Why do I need to give local access permission to TP-Link apps in IOS 14?

f082b0ca9b184d7490c62c2eb127eb53

Options
2022-06-07 14:00:25

@Devilsmane 

Thank you.

The Kit is new but there is a Firmware update available that I will install today and retry.

I've attached my own image.  Giving permission does not result in the app appearing in the list of apps, neither does telling the app that I already gave it permission.  Hence, I'm backing up a step to do the Firmware update. Rather than trying to do the entire installation via the iPad or iPhone I'm going to do the Firmware update on the Mac.

After the Firmware update I will retry the app and reply again.

Options
2022-06-30 18:47:05

Hello  @Devilsmane 

Thank you for more case details, from the photo iPhone prompts'  tpPLC would like to find and connect to device in your local network'  this is tpPLC app asking local network permission , tap ' OK'  here and you've given this permission for the tpPLC APP. 

You should be able to find the wireless power line unit on tpPLC app when an ios device connected to the Wi-Fi network. Feel free to let us know if this works for you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 826

Replies: 3

Related Articles