Are ANY one mesh repeaters giving Connected but NO data problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-11 17:29:55 - last edited 2022-06-13 00:58:13
Model: RE215  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So I'm resarching a problem I've found with at least two One Mesh configurations and it's something I'd like to help TP-Link detect and solve.

The issue I'm having is everyting on the One Mesh works great until after a while, a day or more.  Clients that are naturally migrated to the Repeater on the Onemesh stay connected with a good signal strength but the datapath seems to just die or slow so substantially they act as dead.

I swiched out the Router with another model, Same Issue, I switched out the Re-215's wih RE505x's and while superior,  some 5 days later half of the 7 connectons live on the repeater node are strong but dead data wise.

I'm not seeking a solution as I don't thnk there is one.  I think there might be a code issue and I'm hoping that some of you can explain your experiences that may provide clues as to where this problem is.   Of course, it could be some isolated transmitter here at my house, a wireless phone, washing machine, burglar alarm or something that is causing a glitch with TP-Link so this is why I'm asking.

I would like to request that you describe ONLY cases where your devices are connected but there is No data or unacceptable data.  In the case of a device being a windows computer, it may say Connected, No Internet even while other devices may be just fine.

Kindly advise.

Biill

Options
1 Reply
Re:Are ANY one mesh repeaters giving Connected but NO data problems
2022-06-14 01:31:04

@BillAggie 

Thank you for willingness of testing and finding what happened.  

You could try some tips here for range extender unstable.  

Troubleshooting: Range Extender Keeps Losing Connection

If the Wi-Fi LEDs or Signal LEDs stays on, please follow Case1 to configure IP & DHCP settings for Range Extender and see if that helps improve the stability. 

Can I know the model of router? When range extender lose internet connection, how about the LED status on the range extender?

If the same persists, please also help to provide some information requested in the troubleshooting guide and we would like to look into that further. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 362

Replies: 1