Range Extender Isn't Any Better

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-07 06:15:10 - last edited 2022-07-08 00:39:41

Hello - I don't know why, but my two desktops upstairs used to get better reception.  Nothing's changed really.  I have a TP-Link powerline adapter hooked to my Mac downstairs and it gets the full download speed.  I tried to replicate this with two more powerline adapters, but couldn't get them to connect, so my two desktops upstairs get half the speed, which is still good.  I thought I'd try a range extender, hoping that would boost the speed upstairs, but it's not much better than the WiFi card in my desktops.  I hate to return it, but is there something I can try to get better speed?  Thanks for any help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Range Extender Isn't Any Better
2022-07-23 18:36:14 - last edited 2022-07-23 18:37:15

The TP-Link AC750 Gigabit Wi-Fi Range Extender RE210 is a good choice if you're a budget-minded users who need to extend your Wi-Fi coverage. It installs in minutes and offers good 5GHz throughput and a nice assortment of management settings. Although its 2.4GHz performance is decent, it deteriorates with distance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 295

Replies: 1

Related Articles