Does M5 physical mounting orientation matter significantly?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-12 14:44:17
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 Build 20220525 Rel. 48298

We're using 3 M5 units.  The main Deco currently connects to the two satellite Decos via wi-fi backhaul.

Things that I've read suggest that the antennas in the M5 are omnidirectional and the greatest signal strength is in a horizontal plane when the Decos sit on a flat surface (rather than wall mounting them).  Is this accurate, that most often* the Decos should remain in a horizontal orientation?  Is there a significant change if a Deco is ceiling mounted so that it maintains a horizontal orientation, but just inverted?

* I understand that physical layout, construction materials, etc. will all affect performance of a specific installation

Thanks,

Scott

Options
1 Reply
Re:Does M5 physical mounting orientation matter significantly?
2022-07-14 11:45:39

@UP_Dude 

Welcome to the community.

Things that I've read suggest that the antennas in the M5 are omnidirectional and the greatest signal strength is in a horizontal plane when the Decos sit on a flat surface (rather than wall mounting them).  Is this accurate, that most often* the Decos should remain in a horizontal orientation?

Yes, It is.

And it is ok for ceiling mounting. There is also some positive user feedback about ceiling-mounting and please make sure it is mounted firmly.

Since it is powered by a DC adapter, there would be some inconvenience for the power supply when mounting on the ceiling.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 333

Replies: 1