Deco M9 Plus keeps going back to setup mode after power outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-12 14:52:04
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have a very strange problem.  I have had this unit for almost a year now and everything was fine.  Problem started when we had power outage few days ago.  Once power was restored, the main unit blinking blue (ready for set up) and the 2 add-ons blinking red (can't connect to main unit).  I thought it was odd since it was working just fine for months before the power outage.  I then went through the setup again everything and thing was up and running again.  While it's up I went ahead and upgraded to the latest firmware to make sure it's up to date.  Once firmware upgrade was done the device did the last reboot and once it's up, it's back to the same problem again (main unit blinking blue and 2 add-ons blinking red).  I had to set it up one more time and it was working fine (with the new firmware) until few days later when we had another power outage and same thing happened.  It seems like every time it loses power (either a reboot or an actual power outage, it goes back to setup mode).  

Does anyone have any problem like this?  What do you recommend?

Thanks in advance

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus keeps going back to setup mode after power outage
2022-07-13 03:30:12

@nham_nhi 

Thanks for the update.

Please refer to this link to change a different Deco M9 to be main Deco to see whether this issue continued:

How to Setup the Satellite Deco to be the Main Deco?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-13 06:54:44

@David-TP 

Thank you for your response.  Does the Main deco have to be connected to the modem?  Meaning do I need to physically swap the current main deco with one of the Sattelite ones first?  If not, how the new Main deco connect to internet if there's another power outage?  I guess I can test by rebooting all of them after the change.

Will do this and report back.

Thanks

Options
2022-07-13 08:47:05

@nham_nhi 

Hi, you might need to change the main Deco on the APP first, then physically swap the current main deco with one of the Sattelite ones.

Thanks and I will wait for your feedback.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 390

Replies: 3