Can I disable Mesh Technology for things that don't roam?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-13 20:49:42
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Newbie here... Can I disable Mesh Technology for things that don't need to roam, like large TVs? Would that mean they would always be connected to the same node?

And, related, but probably should be in a different thread, can I assign which node things are attached to, just to even out the load? TV uses more bandwidth than thermostat... would like to be able to assign the thermostat to the closest node, and spread out the TVs so they're not all on the same node. 

Currently, I have four S4 units set up as a mesh, but am considering wired backhaul, as the house was added onto and there's a thick wall between the router (in the basement) and the rest of the house (all on the first floor). Unfortunately, the perfect placement of nodes doesn't seem to align with where the plugs are in my house. 

Thanks--d

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 413

Replies: 0

Related Articles