Issues with 5GHz on new XE75

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-18 07:32:05
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just upgraded from the Deco M9 plus to the deco XE75. I had no issues with devices on the M9 network but with the ever growing smart home I decided to upgrade to the XE75. I integrated the XE75 into the existing network and prioritized the routers as suggested by TP link, making the XE75 the main Deco. I've noticed that my iPhone 11 Pro Max will not connect to my main Deco network if the 5GHz is enabled along with 2.4 but has no issues if it's just set to 2.4. Also I have no problem connecting to the guest network that only 5GHz is enabled. I had no issues with 5 and 2.4 being enabled on the old M9 network. Any suggestions why all of a sudden this is happening?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Issues with 5GHz on new XE75
2022-07-19 12:01:45

@KTomensky 

Thanks for the feedback.

were you able to reproduce this issue most of the time?

Would you please try to enable both 2.4ghz/5ghz on the guest network to see whether the same issue started again?

And is your 11 pro max on IOS 15.5?

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-20 17:44:09

@KTomensky,

Just to chime in here, as I am curious about what is causing the disconnects. Since you are using an iPhone, do the same disconnects happen if you disable the randomized mac address setting in the iOS settings? This setting is found under the settings for your network in the iOS Settings app on your phone and is labeled "Private Addressing"

Options
2022-07-25 11:33:44

@David-TP It did not matter whether the guest network had 2.4 and 5 ghz on or just one of them it would always connect. However, it would only connect to the main network if 5GHz was turned off. This was the only device I had that encountered this issue and most devices are Apple, all running the latest software. 

What ended up solving the issue was turning off fast roaming and restarting all the decos. I'm not sure why this phone was having and issue with the fast roaming feature but that seemed to solve the issue. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 634

Replies: 3

Related Articles