Deco XE5300 - Disabling 5ghz (with 2.4ghz still on) turns off all WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-20 17:38:16 - last edited 2022-07-22 18:57:27
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20220429 Rel. 1970

So, I recently set up these in my house and have been having trouble re-connecting some of my devices to my Home Network. Most notably are my Ring devices and Nanoleafs. Since these only support 2.4ghz, I have been unable to re-add them to my home.

The big problem in all of this is that when I go in to my Settings and disable the 5ghz band, I lose WiFi to the entire house. 2.4ghz is still on and active but everything drops connection. Turning the 5ghz back on results in everything connecting back. Similarly, I tried to make a Guest Network set to only 2.4ghz from the start. When it's setup, nothing is able to connect to it.

So I'm at a loss for how I can get these devices back and working again.

Thanks for the help!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco XE5300 - Disabling 5ghz (with 2.4ghz still on) turns off all WiFi
2022-07-21 06:17:13

@Str1der 

Welcome to the community.

I would like to follow up on your case by email in case later I need to forward your case to the senior engineers.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1. Would you be able to reproduce this issue most of the time?

2. As for the new guest network, are only smart devices, like Ring devices and Nanoleaf unable to connect, or all the mobile devices that support 2.4ghz, like mobile phones/laptops?

--Would there be any error message when they failed to connect the 2.4ghz only guest Wi-Fi?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-22 18:54:55 - last edited 2022-07-22 18:57:16

@David-TP 

Hi Dave, I'll respond to the e-mail as well but wanted to answer your questions here.

1) Yes, I can replicate this. I've tried multiple times and the results are the same. 

2) All devices are unable to connect. I also tried with my laptop (2018 MacBook) and my phone (iPhone 12). They simply cannot connect, though they all see the Network with a full signal.

3) No error messages are presented other than "Unable to Connect" ones.

Please note, I only recently purchased these and set them up. I was prompted to update them during the initial setup but they have never been on any other Firmware other than those two. The current Frimware version is: 1.1.5 Build 20220429 Rel. 1970

Thanks for your help!

Options
2022-07-25 01:29:59

@Str1der 

Thanks for the update. 

I have forwarded your case to the senior engineers and please check the email for further suggestions.

By the way, please also try to temporarily turn off "fast roaming" and  "beamforming" under Deco APP>More>Advanced to see whether they made any difference.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options