Modes Not available

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Modes Not available

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Modes Not available
Modes Not available
2022-07-22 20:18:49
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.3 v008a.0 Build 220329 Rel.62353n(5553)

When I try to set it up for AP extender mode, I still only have wireless mode or 3/4g mode.

Thats it. 

The only mode I have is if it is plugged into a router and i can log into it, so just a wifi router. I can not have it be a range extender or ap, hot spot etc.

And, I cannot log into it, if it is not plugged into an ethernet cable to a router. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Modes Not available
2022-07-25 08:01:56

Hello @Steve40th396 

I would suggest going through this FAQ to configure the WR902AC to range extender mode:

How to configure TL-WR902AC as Range Extender

Options
2022-07-25 09:29:46

@Kevin_Z 

I have. Thnx anyways.

Options
2022-07-27 14:37:00

@Steve40th396 

I am not sure I understand what you mean by "The only mode I have is if it is plugged into a router and i can log into it, so just a wifi router."  I read that to mean that the device in question works when used as a router, connected directly to your modem.

An access point is typicall hard wired to a network via ethernet allow WiFi devices to connect to that network.  So, as I think you want the setup, it should look like this:

MODEM <--Ethernet--> Router <--Ethernet--> AP )))) WiFi ((((  wireless devices

If the physical connection between Router and AP is a possibility, that is preferred as it will provide best performance.

As a wireless range extnder:

MODEM <--Ethernet--> Router )))) WiFi (((( Range Extender )))) WiFi ((((  wireless devices

Since the range extender has to perform "double duty" carrying data to and from Router to wireless devices, performance is effectively "halved" for wirelles connected devices in this type of configuration.

Please let me know if I understood you correctly or if this helps. I do not mean to insult your understanding, but wanted to provide the above in case you are confusing how each setup should work.

Options
2022-07-28 14:15:55

@Steve40th396 

Not sure why your reply I received in email is not in this thread, but are you saying that when you put the with in AP mode, you do not see the option in the web GUI too?  I do find it strange that the unit has a switch as well as place in the GUI under Operation Mode to configure it for AP mode.  Do you see this setting and if so have you tried to configure the rest of the settings accordingly?

Options
2022-07-28 18:11:45

@Steve40th396 

TP Link is resending a bin file to correct the issue of not have two other modes that are part of the reason I bought this router for travel. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 450

Replies: 9

Related Articles