Deco W-7200 Unable to connect with video door bell

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-25 14:30:32
Model: Deco W7200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.14.5

I purchased an Arlo Wired Video Doorbell in November of last year.  At the time I had a netgear Orbi Mesh network and the Arlo device was working well.  The ORBI device went bad and I purchased a new Deco W-7200 in June of 2022.  I have been unable to connect the Arlo doorbell device to my Deco mesh network.  I've tried everything that ARLO suggested: turned off the satellite router, turned off the 5 gHz and several other settings.  The MAC filtering is not on... and so I am a complete loss for ideas to get it working.   The signal on my IPhone from the Deco is strong at the site of my doorbell - its only approximately 20 feet from the main router -  through an outside wall.  Given that the ARLO device worked with the Netgear ORBI mesh network and I have to believe the problem lies with the TP-Link Deco device.

Does anyone in the community or the company have any additional ideas?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco W-7200 Unable to connect with video door bell
2022-07-26 03:43:40

@Jeff_P 

Thanks for the feedback.

Please refer to the following configuration to see whether you can set it up this time:

1. still unplug satellite Deco W7200 and disable 5ghz on the host network.

2. check the network security settings and make sure it is set to WPA2-AES.

3. turn off "fast roaming" and "beamforming" on the Deco APP>More>Advanced.

4. disconnect /forget the 2.4ghz on the smartphone and connection again. (please turn off the VPN connection if there is any and mobile data temporarily.)

Then please set up the Arlo video doorbell again.

Please help me record a video clip or save a picture of the error message if we failed again in case I need to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-26 14:48:37

@David-TP Thank you.

I followed the steps you outlined and was still unable to connect to the Deco W-7200.  I did not produce a video, however, the Arlo Video Doorbell flashes red (which it did) when it is unable to connect with the network.  Oddly, while the Arlo app shows that the doorbell was unable to connect to the network, the Deco App shows a device named "AVD1001" as connected to the network - however it shows no activity downloading or uploading data.  I attached a screen shot of the attached clients to my Deco Main router.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jeffbf5a9fc504bf45a4834e672222e24afa

Options
2022-07-27 01:50:58

@Jeff_P 

Hi, I see several devices show 0/0 upload and download traffic and it would be more accurate to check on the Arlo APP to see whether the camera is online or controlled by the APP.

So far, the Deco is able to provide an IP address for the Arlo camera and I guess maybe the cloud communication of Arlo has been blocked for some reason.

Have you subscribed to the HomeShield Pro?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-27 02:11:20 - last edited 2022-07-27 02:11:41

@Jeff_P David,

To answer your questions... the Arlo App can not find the Deco network and so it does not add the Doorbell camera to their app as a device.  So I can not check from the Arlo App.  And lastly, I have not subscribed to the Home Shield Pro.  What would that feature do for me to help solve this issue?

Thank you,

Jeff

Options
2022-07-27 07:44:09

@Jeff_P 

Thanks for the feedback.

I just wonder whether the firewall settings on the HomeSheild might be related and Your case has been forwarded to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Please check whether you have got an email from us later.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options