One Deco will not stay connected.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-03 15:16:53
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.4

I have two Wi-Fi networks, VPN, and not-VPN. They are physically parallel and identical, a pair of Decos side by side in each location.

The problem is one of the Decos on the VPN network has frequent connectivity issues. The non-VPN Deco right beside it has no issues whatsoever.

When it won't connect, all the usual stuff, rebooting, power-cycling, running the network optimization utility, doesn't seem to make much difference; at some point, it will reconnect, and then work fine for the next few hours, few days...who knows?

I tried swapping it with another Deco from another location. The problem stayed with the location.

I tried isolating one network to 2.4 GHz and one to 5 Ghz. Both ways. That made no difference.

I tried moving the Deco to other locations in the same area-no change.

I tried rebuilding the entire VPN network. Reset and re-configured every Deco. Problem remains.

I tried running the network interference scan and testing signal strength. Interference is "low" and the signal is 100% -30dbm

Any ideas? Keep in mind there is a Deco that sits right beside the problem Deco and has no problem at all.

Options
3 Reply
Re:One Deco will not stay connected.
2022-08-03 23:23:51

@Mindpilot,

If the two devices are very close to each other, the deco may have issues when changing the channels or optimizing the network for devices. I would recommend trying to change the wifi channels to something further separated and with low interference.

Another thing that may prevent the nodes from disconnecting is to assign each node a static IP address as they will show up as a client in the router settings.

Lastly, if you move the VPN to the other network, does the problem persist, move, or go away?

Options
2022-08-04 00:16:18

@Riley_S Thanks for the reply!

Do you know how to manually change the channel?  

Options
2022-08-05 00:30:41

@Riley_S Tried swinging the VPN router connection over to the other network. The problem stayed with the network so the fact that it is VPN is not relevant.The same condition exists if I just disconnect the VPN router. The Decos should show connected without Internet, but I still have this one Deco with connectivity problems.

Still cannot find anywhere in the Deco app to manually set IP or change the broadcast channels.

Any help is appreciated. I've been working on this for an easy 2 hours, and without me doing anything while I'm sitting here typing, it all magically starts working again!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 446

Replies: 3

Related Articles