Deco M9 plus v2 poor download speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-05 19:38:42
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

So I've had my wifi mesh running for around 2 years with no apparent issues. Around 4 months ago I upgraded to full fibre 900mb with BT. On the day of connection I checked the speed and the Deco app was showing 900mb. Fast forward a few months and I decided to check the speed as I was getting buffering on and off, having not thought speed would be an issue.

Low and behold, it was sitting around 92mb!!

After loads of messing about with settings (reading various posts for advice), removing the bt home hub 2 and connecting the main deco into the open reach modem, I've managed to reach the dizzy heights of about 450mb via wifi.

When I connect the main deco to my Xbox via ethernet I'm getting around 850mb, but any device connecting via wifi (approx 1 foot away from the Deco), i can't get any more than around 450mb.

Point to note is my upload speed is as expected (over 110mb), it's just the download speed that is still a lot lower than it should be.

I've set the bandwith in qos to max, turned off anti virus etc. turned off 2.4ghz.

Any ideas?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9 plus v2 poor download speed
2022-08-17 11:41:57

@Rafregtgunner 

Hi, Thank you very much for the time and patience.

For Deco M9 plus, the maximum wireless link speed of 5ghz is 867 Mbps and the expected internet download speed would be within 350-600m/s considering the distance and Wi-Fi interference. So I think 450m/s via 5ghz is quite normal.

there are more details about the difference between wireless link speed and real download speed: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/1386

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 297

Replies: 1