VPN & Netflix Conflict, DNS setting's perhaps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-09 16:05:29
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.14.3

I wfh permanently and required to use a company deployed VPN, but my external IP Address applies its copyright rules to all devices in the house. 

Netflix says just drop the VPN, but I can't during office hours

Are there tweaks I could do to get round this issue on the Deco M4s

My setup is using DECO Mesh units in WiFi Router Mode, so just using the Virgin BB router in modem mode.

Someone has suggested it's to do with DNS, but I haven't a clue beyond that

Options
3 Reply
Re:VPN & Netflix Conflict, DNS setting's perhaps
2022-08-09 22:10:22

@nicktibb,

My recommendation would be to look into how to setup up a VLAN for your other network devices using an Ethernet Switch, I believe this would effectively let you operate two separate networks on the same IP from your ISP; one routing through a VPN, and the other using the default DNS and connection settings. I will look more into this, and see if I can find alternatives for your configuration.

Options
2022-08-10 16:05:30

@Riley_S 

That is useful to me. I'm guessing I need to purchase additional hardware (Ethernet Switch) to do this. If so I'm happy to live with the inconvienance 

Options
2022-08-11 23:32:39

@nicktibb,

I am sure that there are some routers out there that can establish a VLAN, however, the easiest, most cost-effective way to configure this is to purchase a MANAGED ethernet switch that offers VLAN functionality. We offer a few models in our store that do this by designating the last four ethernet ports as a 'separate' network

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 336

Replies: 3

Related Articles