AX10 not renewing DHCP lease

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-09 19:40:48
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20220401 Rel. 57404(5553)

Two days ago, I installed a new AX10 router. The next morning, I discovered upon attempting to use my computer that it had a self-assigned IP address, and attempting to manually renew the DHCP lease did nothing. I was able to obtain a new lease by manually disconnecting from the WiFi network and reconnecting.

This morning, the same thing happened. This obviously should not be happening, and it did not happen with my old WiFi router or with the Pi-hole server that I also previously ran for DHCP. It's happening on multiple machines with different OSs and different WiFi adapters.

Is there any workaround for this that doesn't involve my setting static IP addresses?

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX10 not renewing DHCP lease
2022-08-10 01:32:34

@gcvsa 

Can you confirm if the internet LED on the AX10 turns orange when the computer fails to get a valid IP address from the router? Is it obtaining the IP address automatically?

How many devices are connected to the AX10 wireless network? Are they behave the same?

Is there a computer that connects to the AX10 via Ethernet cable? Will it disconnect from the internet at the same time?

Please login to the AX10 web interface page and confirm what is the Address Lease Time under Advanced > Network > DHCP Server. Leave it 120 minutes.

BTW, who is your ISP?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 292

Replies: 1