OneMesh, AX21 with RE600X

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-10 12:27:21

I recently purchased a AX21 and 2 RE600Xs to use in the one mesh system.

Question does one mesh work like a true mesh system where all the units communicate with each other or do the extender nodes (RE600X) only communicate back to the main router and not also between themselves?

I have my main router on one side of my house, a node in the middle, and another on the opposite far side. This far side node seems to have communication issues and occasionally shows up as weak connection which is makeing me wonder if its not communicating with the middle node.

Can anyone clairify? I used first gen google wifi tri-pack before this and all seemed to work fine

Options
1 Reply
Re:OneMesh, AX21 with RE600X
2022-08-12 06:25:10

@stryker291982 

Is your network diagram as follows?

AX21 )))  ((( RE600X )))  ((( RE600X

In a Onemesh system, the Onemesh extender will select the best source unit to connect to automatically, which means the 2nd extender could connect to the main AX21 or RE600X automatically and you cannot force it to connect to a certain signal source.

If the 2nd extender is not getting a stable connection, please try to relocate it and ensure it can get a good signal either from the main AX21 or from the 1st RE600X.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 219

Replies: 1