New Device Detected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New Device Detected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
New Device Detected
New Device Detected
2022-08-11 03:00:53
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6 Build 20220525 Rel. 48298

Can someone at TP-Link explain why I have some company from the Philippines accessing my network at will? This seems to be very suspicious and concerning at the very minimum. Either way, this is not a good look. I am the only person using my network currently for the last few months so any insight you could provide at this point would be great. 

7bea5c4c16544fd8889fcdf29c2d3d94 

799f498dc2b64912b3b5c5e26c0f3541

76dfaa4b156443e69b671d2ca15b467e

Options
5 Reply
Re:New Device Detected
2022-08-11 13:27:29

@NiteRider84 

The logical answer is that a new piece of electronics has been introduced into your home, which is using a network chip manufactured in the Phillipines. 

Have you purchased any new electronics recently?

Options
2022-08-12 00:55:39

@NiteRider84 

If I did, then this post would be pointless. It'd be great if people could read what I wrote before responding but I know that's too much to ask these days.

Options
2022-08-12 06:38:50

@NiteRider84 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

I believe DAServices must read it before providing suggestions. The first thing that came into my head is also some of your devices, especially the IOT devices might use the electronic components of Sercomm Philippines. And there was similar feedback several days ago about " Camille Bauer"(https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/576342). Previously I also saw users discuss a similar issue with "espressif" on Reddit(https://www.reddit.com/r/GoogleWiFi/comments/tv52a5/espressif_device_type_joined_my_network/)

One thing that troubles me is why this name only starts showing recently if no new devices join the network and old devices have been here for a long time.

Thank you again.

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-12 08:51:32
I use Decos as a private sub network off main Spectrum router and I found the culprit, and it was indeed my Spectrum Wifi 6 SAX1V1R router that has the same Mac Address from my photos. The other day we had a lightning storm and they had to ping our system because it wasn't working but this notification didn't pop up until the day after. Why did it decide to do this all of a sudden after 6mos of using this router? I have no idea. Maybe it was their update or ping verification that did it. A simple google will show Sercomm makes these same style of Spectrum Wifi 6 routers so now it's at least comforting I didn't have a hack of some sort. Thanks for your response and looks like I've escaped the matrix at least for a little while!
Options
2022-08-12 14:43:02

@NiteRider84 

I did read what you posted. I saw that you are the only one using your network. 

I was just offering a possibility and option, if there is a firmware update and the new firmware now recognizes a previously existing device MAC as belonging to the manufacturer in the Philippines.  

Sorry to bother you. 

Options