Constant Buffer Error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Constant Buffer Error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Constant Buffer Error
Constant Buffer Error
2022-08-19 12:53:18
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just installed the Deco XE-75Pro and started connecting devces. My Roku TCL tv connects fine however when I  am streaming on the Spectrum App, there is a constant buffering. The sinal strenth is excellent. What could be the issue? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Constant Buffer Error
2022-08-19 20:27:15

@kramegroeg2022,

does this issue persist across other live streaming applications like twitch or news channels? I wonder if the Roku is trying to connect to the 5Ghz network and isn't stable enough to stream, but will not change to the 2.4Ghz network. 

To test this, I would disable the fast roaming option on your router and see if this is the cause of the buffering. I have seen this setting cause issues with certain devices, particularly iPhones, that prevents the device from switching between the two networks.

Otherwise, I would take a peek at the security controls for your deco to see if any false alerts may be causing the issue. 

If it is possible, does this happen when connected via ethernet?

Options
2022-08-22 12:20:49

@Riley_S Thanks for your response. The answer is no. Jus this pne Roku TCL TV. I did remove the fast roaming option however that didn't help. I will ceck the Deco los to see if maybe there is something there. Thanks,

Options
2022-09-19 17:55:06

@kramegroeg2022 

I just bought this same setup from costco. So while i am troubleshooting this. It appears the 5ghz is experiencing a ton of interference. I am getting latency spikes into the hundreds, sometimes thousands of ms

One option that helped improve was turning down the channel width on the 5ghz (wi-fi settings), going into the main network settings, toggling the channel width to 80mhz only)

I am still getting occasional ping spikes. With no other way to change the channel manually i may have to return this whole setup.

I have a seperate ubqiuiti setup and channels assigned on the upper end (150mhz) which experience little to no latency spikes like i see on the deco setup.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 494

Replies: 3