Archer T9UH v2 - Only connects at 600mbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-23 21:53:41
Model: Archer T9UH  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello - 

I've had a few disconnects and also I have speed concerns. I expected this to connect to my TP Link Wireless Router (TP-Link AC5400) at something better than 600mbps. The router is in the very next room (very close, just the other side of the wall). 

I could swear it used to connect faster than this. I have no explanation for the change. Any recommendations for what I should do?

(I did use the drivers posted on the TP Link site for Windows 10 x64)

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer T9UH v2 - Only connects at 600mbps
2022-08-24 22:46:32

@dawnbreaker09 

There are several factors that affect network speeds.  

• distance from router
  • link rate
  • number of antennas
  • antenna configurations for instance  1x1, 2x2, 3x3, etc.
  • Band and band throughput rate

We would need to know more to say if the 600 Mbps is good but generally speaking it sounds like about right in most cases. 

Options
2022-12-06 03:07:28
My internet download speed is 200mbps. When using the original drivers that were on the CD, I reached a download speed of 217. However, when I installed the latest drivers, my download speed was 145mbps. I uninstalled the drivers and installed the drivers from the CD, my download speed returned to 200mbps. I don't know what the current drivers are, but this incident happened about 4 months ago. You should check your speed at speedtest.net and test the original drivers and latter drivers.
Options
2023-05-22 15:46:00

@dawnbreaker09 

If your Archer T9UH v2 Wi-Fi adapter is only connecting at 600mbps and you're experiencing speed concerns, there are a few actions you can take. First, ensure that you have the latest firmware and drivers installed for the adapter by visiting the TP-Link website. Updating the firmware and drivers can often resolve compatibility issues and improve performance. Additionally, verify that your TP-Link AC5400 wireless router is using the latest firmware as well. Next, check the wireless settings on both the adapter and the router.
Regards: lesturf

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 420

Replies: 4