C59 with CPE210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C59 with CPE210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C59 with CPE210
C59 with CPE210
2022-08-25 21:10:14
Model: Archer C59  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I am trying to send my Starlink internet connection to a barn. I have Two CPE210's making a link from the Starlink router to the C59. However, I can't figure out what settings to use on the C59. I want the Starlink router to handle all of the DNS stuff, and the C59 just reboradcast the network in the barn. I would like everything to be on one network so printers work across the link.

Thanks,

-Hunter

Options
5 Reply
Re:C59 with CPE210
2022-08-26 17:02:15

Hey  @Hunter234711,

I actually just released two articles for our newsletter detailing how our products can be set up with Starlink routers depending on which version of the Starlink Router that you have. If you are using a Generation One Starlink Connection, the router does not support bypass mode and will have to be disconnected to avoid issues.

Connecting a TP-Link Router to Starlink Internet

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding TP-Link Router Setup With Starlink ISP

Take a look at these articles, and let me know if you have further questions about the process.

Options
2022-08-26 18:38:26
Thanks for the help! Actually, I don't think my problems are anything Starlink specific. I have: Starlink Router ---- CPE210 (In AP Mode) <:::::> CPE210 ---- Archer C59 Router If I hook everything up, I can get internet when connecting to the C59 wifi. However, I want this C59 to just act as an access point, not routing anything. I tried disabling DHCP on the C59 and then the internet stops working. I tried following this article: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1384/ The part I am confused about is step 2, 2. Go to Network -> LAN on the side menu and change the LAN IP address of your TP-Link N router to an IP address on the same segment of the main router. This IP address should be outside the main router’s DHCP range. I tried changing this to 192.168.1.252 (but it says the WAN and LAN can't have the same ip range)
Options
2022-08-27 00:14:46

@Hunter234711,

Have you also disabled the DHCP on the other network devices. The key is that there can only be one DHCP server running on a network. If you had a network connection with no issues, it sounds like you may have disabled the DHCP on the Starlink Router previously, so the network was using the CPE210 to run the DHCP server. Otherwise, I would diagnose if the connection stops at the CPE210 or at the Archer by either looking at the logs, or using the LED Status Lights on the Archer Router.

What is the purpose of having two CPE210 networks? is it not possible to move the signal receiver to the ArcherC59 and use only one Outdoor Access Point.

Also, I barely understand the reasoning, as I am more familiar with mesh networks nowadays but, the reason you are getting confused with the Access Point IP address is because of the fact that Access Points behave differently than a router or Extender when connected to the network. Some access points have you set up the IP outside of the pool because this is the way in which you will manage the access point itself, not connect to the rest of the network. It really depends on the router and the configuration from what I could tell when I was searching around.

Options
2022-08-29 11:00:29

@Riley_S Thanks for the info! No DHCP is still enabled with the Starlink router. In fact, if I plug my laptop up to the CPE210 (where the ArcherC59 connects) my laptop gets assigned an IP address and the internet works fine. And for now I'm just leaving DHCP on with the C59, the internet works great, but it just means I can't connect to printers on the different subnets. The moment I disable DHCP on the C59 the internet stops working. It isn't a huge deal, I can just connect to the different network to print.

The reason I have two CPE210s is that they both have directional antennas, and I think the signal would be too weak without this P2P link.

-Hunter

Options
2022-08-31 00:54:16

@Hunter234711,

If you come across any issue running your network like this, I'm curious to see if you can disable the DHCP setting on the Starlink Router and maintain a network connection off the DHCP server on the CPE210.

Your situation confuses me, as what you are describing should cause issue such as DoubleNAT. I am wondering if the cpe 210 is somehow interfering with the DHCP server

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 462

Replies: 5

Related Articles