Deco M4 AC1200 stuck with "obtaining IP address"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-02 14:58:16
Tags: #WiFi
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

Hello everyone,

I recently bought this router and the first thing I did was update the firmware to the latest version. A week later I noticed my laptops and mobile devices sometimes get stuck obtaining a new IP address after being rebooted, and the only workaround is setting a static IP on them. Is this a known bug or is there something wrong with my Deco?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M4 AC1200 stuck with "obtaining IP address"
2022-09-02 16:12:21

@Tirux,

This sounds like your main router may have simply stopped assigning IP addresses. Does restarting the network fix the issue?  

Are there any security settings that you may have changed, such as setting a device whitelist?

Does this happen to your wired devices also?

If the issue persists, I would recommend to try and turn off fast roaming to see if this was the cause of the issue, as some phones have trouble reconnecting to the network when this feature is enabled.

Options
2022-09-02 16:23:50

@Riley_S,

I think restarting the network fixes it but I don't want to do this every time since it affects all my devices. I haven't changed the security settings, and I can't be sure if it also affects for wired devices since they already have a static IP. Fast roaming has always been disabled.

Options
2022-09-05 02:15:53

@Tirux 

Thanks for the update.

If you do not mind, I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further checking and please check whether you could get an email from us.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 444

Replies: 3

Tags

WiFi