Flashing red

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Flashing red

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Flashing red
Flashing red
2022-09-06 17:34:30
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.51

I've had my 3 deco mesh system for a year or so. The last couple of months one of the X60 routers keeps switchinf from green to flashing red. It will occasionally switch back to green but mostly stays red flashing. I've tried factory resetting multiple times. It does seem to be quite warm (bording on hot) if I touch the top (contrary to the others).

I have two ethernet cables connected to other routers (i.e. providing connection to two laptops, internet phone). Having said that, disconnecting those makes no difference (i.e. it will be green for a couple of minutes then start flashing red again).

Options
4 Reply
Re:Flashing red
2022-09-07 07:46:09

@kremnen 

Hi, Have you tried to switch the location of two satellite Deco X60s and it will help check whether the disconnection follows a specific Deco.

If yes, it is very likely that there is a bad unit.

If possible, please also try to move the problematic X60 a little closer to main X60 or connect them via Ethernet cable directly to see whether it is able to maintain a stable connection to get rid of the influence of distance and WiFi interference.

Wait for your reply.

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-09-07 14:43:29

@David-TP 

After letting it cool and run without any wired connections (ie to router and laptop docking) it has not gone into the flashing red state.

Options
2022-09-19 23:39:10

@David-TP 

my problems have returned, possibly now worse.

With no cables connected the deco eventually went into red flashing mode. Tried resetting and with blue flashing light won't connect (even tried putting it next to the main).

Options
2022-09-20 15:19:31

@David-TP  I did a factory reset and loaded the latest V2 firmware. So far it's conn

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 313

Replies: 4

Related Articles