Wireless & Wired Devices Drop Connections from Deco XE75's

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-17 20:58:02
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.6 Build 20220804 Rel. 44443

Several times a day we experience connection loss.I work from home and it's more apparent during video conference calls and when my kids are playing games online via PS5 or their desktops. The connection drops between 5 - 10 seconds and then resumes. I also day trade and it's especially annoying being in the middle of a trade (or online game) when everything on the screen freezes. I've disabled mesh roaming on all devices (except the phones) as well as beamforming. I've read other posts which stated they basically had to buy another router to put in front of the cable modem & switch the Decos to access points. I haven't tried that yet, but honestly I shouldn't have to. If the Deco can't work reliably in Router mode as originally intended then why use it in the first place? 

I also have devices that have to be rebooted in order to re-connect to the nextwork (like my HP Smart Printer). These are issues I never had before with my old traditional tp-link Archer router. If you folks need logs or any other info let me know. This is my last ditch effort to fix the issue before I rip the entire solution out and go back to a router with typical wireless extenders. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Wireless & Wired Devices Drop Connections from Deco XE75's
2022-09-18 08:25:32

@lawrencepd

Same thing here, very annoying.

Do you think maybe it's a dns thing on the router unit?

Instead of automatically obtain we have to set up a preferred fixed dns address?

Options
2022-09-19 08:10:52

@Ray-G I don't think the disconnection might be caused by the DNS and did it make any difference when you have changed the WAN DNS to something else, like Google DNS 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4?

And could you please also add more details during the disconnection such as Lawrence did, like a network topology?

@lawrencepd I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers and please check whether you have got an email from me.

Best regards.

Options
2022-09-19 17:32:14

David-TP wrote

@Ray-G I don't think the disconnection might be caused by the DNS and did it make any difference when you have changed the WAN DNS to something else, like Google DNS 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4?

And could you please also add more details during the disconnection such as Lawrence did, like a network topology?

@lawrencepd I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers and please check whether you have got an email from me.

Best regards.

@David-TP I've sent you a reply via e-mail.

Options
2022-10-27 01:49:41 - last edited 2022-10-27 01:51:57

Just wanted to follow-up on my original post. This is what I've done so far:

• Temporarily swapped out the Deco in my office for a different TP-Link router  - same issue occurred.
  • Checked the cable modem event logs & noticed timeout & error messages near the same time we experienced Internet drop-outs, however the Arris S33 did not visually show anything wrong in terms of the the LED lights when the issue occurred.
  • Had my ISP (Astound powered by Entouch / RCN) tech come out to the house to check the lines, etc. Of course, they said the "signal looked fine". 
  • Swapped out my S33 cable modem with the Netgear NightHawk CM1200 - experiencing the same problem but now I can see the upstream/downstream channels lose their connection when the issue occurs (same error messages as before). 
  • Checked for splitters / amplifiers in the signal path (I found none) and re-tightened my coax connections. 

I've re-scheduled a tech to come back out to check the tap & outside wiring again. So yeah, the intermittent connectivity issue is not related to the Deco and I've turned off beamforming & roaming for my older devices that were constantly disconnecting from the wireless mesh network (with some success, but that's a different issue I'll deal with in another thread after this one is fixed). 

Thanks all! I think we can close the thread.

Options
2023-01-30 16:23:46 - last edited 2023-01-30 16:47:27

@lawrencepd : Hi I have the same issue.

The wireless connection keeps dropping and various devices connected to XE 75 also keeps dropping every few min. Dynamic IP not coming through to any device connected and it is terribly frustrating since I mostly work from home and rely on a stable internet connectivity for my work. In addition, eventhough the system show as "connected" Internet drops repeately.

Just to let you know, the router provided by ISP is very good and WIFI on the router is extremely stable but it doesn't offer the same WIFI range as DECO XE75 and it was the main reason for my purchase. Can someone please help as otherwise, I have no other option than returning this to acquire some other that provides a stable WIFI/Internet.

Regards,

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1189

Replies: 5