need to change mtu packet size on my deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-02 03:37:31
Model: Deco W3600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My Tmobile internet will not connect without changing the mtu packet size. I need this mesh system to have whole internet in my house or I will have to return it. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:need to change mtu packet size on my deco
2022-11-03 06:41:22

@badfish01 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback. I have seen the feedback about MTU with T-mobile and the users themselves explained later it did not stop Deco from connecting to T-mobile's internet service. The usual issue they have experienced on Deco is some websites/services fail to load/access properly. Occasionally, some users reported the internet speed was not fast as when MTU is set to 1420 as T-mobile required. And It might be good to know Deco will support changing MTU size later along with the firmware upgrade.

In the meanwhile, would it be possible for you to send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the current issue you have on the Deco? it would be highly appreciated if you do add details from where you have learned that T-Mobile internet will not connect without changing the MTU packet size. So the engineers could check whether there is any workaround before the release of the supported firmware.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options