Deco App 3.0 Update - Features and Enhancements

2022-11-11 21:38:34 - last edited 2022-12-02 19:44:50
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey Deco Users,

We are excited to announce that the Deco App has received a major update to version 3.0, receiving many changes to the UI to provide a more streamlined experience. The Deco 3.0 App has already been released to the app store and has been rolling out to users everywhere. If you have not yet received the update, please make sure to check your app store often!

There are a few features that have been moved to different sections or menus but rest assured all the functionalities that you could find in the previous version of the app have been moved to the 3.0 version. 

New Deco 3.0 App Features and Enhancements:

Network Overview
The information on the Home Menu is more comprehensive. You can now view the detailed network topology on the App and have a direct view of the status of Deco nodes and clients.

bb5af4e64c4c4b9dba67f3b10e88d710

Parental Control

The display of Parental Control has been reorganized and network insight could be viewed directly.

5047727865b040079278599ec5ec3b2a

Support Search in the App

You can now find the function you want to modify more quickly.

3e6068e2b019454993611cb71cd22384

There are more UI and interaction changes waiting to be explored.  If you find any app features that are particularly exciting or helpful, please comment below so we can see what functionalities everyone likes best, and I can add them to this post.

Options
11 Reply
Re:Deco App 3.0 Update - Features and Enhancements
2022-11-15 15:12:16
You guys are creating a great product 👍, keep it up! 😀
Options
2022-11-16 15:37:19

@Riley_S I have seen the new version when setting up customers over the past two weeks. It looks great but those were all APPLE iPhone customers. I can not see that the new App has been rolled out to my Google Play Store for my LG V60 Android. Is there an issue with my phone or the App Store? 

Options
2022-11-18 21:11:57

@DAServices,

The Google Play Store releases updates to apps in waves on a per-account basis, so once one device gets the update, your other devices using the same google account will also have the update available. 

Unfortunately, we have no insight into when an account will receive the newest version; so all we can say is to keep checking for an update as the rollout can sometimes take upwards of a month from what we have seen previously.

If you have another device with the same google account, I would check to see if the update is available on that device, just to rule out any potential incompatibilities between your phone and the app requirements, even though I highly doubt there would be one.

Options
2022-11-19 16:52:13

@Riley_S 

Overall I love the update except for one issue. We have a profile that we prefer to leave off as the default and turn it on when needed. The new "Block" button works for a day, but then turns back on the next day. How can I easily leave it off and just turn it on when desired?

Thanks 

Options
2022-11-21 11:17:48

@Marv13 Hi, the "Block" feature for parental control will be optimized along with the next Deco APP update. Currently, even though it says "block for today",  the parental control profile is always under block till you allow it next time.

The next version will provide two choices: block until the end of today or until the next time to unblock it.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-11-21 14:30:50
Thanks for that info. As strange things "happen", I received the update early Friday. As I noted elsewhere the connected clients were ZERO. Rebooting the primary node resolved nothing. However rebooting the "Network" via the 3.0 App resolved the Client visibility in the App.
Options
2022-12-01 02:08:09

@Riley_S 

I just purchased this system (TP-Link Deco WiFi 6 Mesh System(Deco X20) and set it up completely. At initial setup the app works perfectly to setup the system. However you better make sure that you get the settings exactly the way you want the first time because the app will soon become useless. Shortly After system setup I tried to change the names of each unit and the settings would not save. It gives me an error message telling me to try again later. Soon after that, the app completely fails to connect to the “cloud” network. It tells me that If I keep having this issue, to connect to the Deco Wi-Fi and try again. The problem is that I’m connected to the Deco WiFi the entire time and it won’t let the app connect. I’ve tried resetting the entire system and restarting from the beginning and it ends up the exact same way. I will also add the I setup the Deco system on Sunday and by Wednesday none of the units were connected to the internet. I have a feeling that Amazon will be getting this system back very soon. At this point we have Wi-Fi but the App is completely useless

Options
2022-12-01 02:09:13

@d150 

Options
2022-12-01 07:45:59

@d150 

Hi, welcome to the community, and thanks for the feedback.

Would you please help us submit the Deco APP log: How to submit Deco APP log

By the way, I wonder when Deco APP could not find Deco, the Deco X20 is solid green and actually working properly, right?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-01 10:42:30

@David-TP yes , all 3 have solid green lights on. However, as I write this, they are all three no longer providing an internet connection. I have 4 wifi thermostats connected to them and they were working fine last night and now I can't connect to my thermostats. This is the second time in four days that the system has completely stopped functioning properly.

Options