Problem with printer wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-15 04:09:27 - last edited 2022-11-15 04:10:58
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently switched from Spectrum to ATT and I'm now using my three Deco M5 pods with ATT's BWG320 modem with the wifi disabled and IP Passthrough enabled. Everything was working fine until I tried to use my printer for the first time with the new setup. When it wouldn't print I presumed it was because I forgot to change the network on the printer. Went ahead and did that and it still would not print. The printer is connected to the Deco network as confirmed by the Deco app but my computer can't find it. The printer is a Brother MFC-J650 AIO. I  tried uninstalling and reinstalling (several times) but my PC still sees it as offline. I did notice that when I went to change networks on the printer manually my network ID is listed three times. Is it seeing all three Decos? Any ideas on how to fix this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Problem with printer wifi
2022-11-16 06:27:20

@sgtjjj 

Hi, On the Deco App, you are able to see which Deco the printer is connected to, then you could try to connect the laptop to the same Deco just for the test to see whether it could find the printer.

At the same time, It is also suggested to ping the IP address of the printer to check whether communication between devices:

How to Use the Ping Command

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Problem with printer wifi
2022-11-16 15:45:08

@sgtjjj 

I figured it out. My PC was not connected to wifi, just the modem via ethernet. Once I connected the PC to wifi everything was fine.

Previously the printer worked in wifi mode even if the PC wasn't connected to wifi. Go figure.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 308

Replies: 2

Related Articles