Steaming intermitttent

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Steaming intermitttent

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Steaming intermitttent
Steaming intermitttent
2022-11-17 19:40:58
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6

i am experiencing intermittent pauses (1-3 seconds) while streaming on a tv which has a Amazon Fire tv BOx.  the TV screen goes BLACK for a few seconds and then continues.  happens intermittently but when it happens it seems to continue to occur on a regular basis every minute or so.  ( i do not get a icon or message that indicates buffering...just a black screen then the stream continues..

Deco app reports "everything looks good"

The network is otherwise not busy...i can watch the download/upload speeds on the Deco app on my phone and it does not show any issues.  download network speeds overall  range from a a few hundred KB up to 45Mb as the stream runs.   so this is hard to explain.

i have run speed tests on the network and see no issues.  speeds while connected to the unit by the TV always run over 200-300MB. 

My configuration

I have new deco x55  AX3000 (3 units).  main deco unit connected via ethernet to a Spectrum cable modem (500MB down / 20MB up).   

The deco unit #2 (near TV) is about 30 feet from the main unit via wifi. . this #2 unit is then connected  as follows:.  Ethernet to a TP-link SG108 8 port gig switch.  then ethernet from the switch to the fire tv box (fire tv box HDMI to TV). 

Fire TV box is "set as 'high priority" in deco app.

Any ideas or how i can further troubleshoot?.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Steaming intermitttent
2022-11-18 09:29:04

@jc01776s 

Hi, there are some common suggestions for your reference:

1. Change the DNS server on Deco to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4:https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1855/

2. Turn off fast roaming and beamforming on the Deco APP>More>Advanced.

And when I googled this issue, there is a troubleshooting guide that might be useful for your case:

https://www.lifewire(dot)com/fix-black-screen-on-firestick-5199531

By the way, Did you notice the same issue before updating to Deco x55?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 201

Replies: 1