Deco M9 - What Am I Missing?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-19 21:29:10
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm a bit new to home networking, so please excuse me if I'm missing something obvious here.

I pay for 750mbps internet speed and I have a Deco M9 Plus mesh system set up. My main Deco is on the first floor, wired via ethernet to the modem in the basement. My 2nd Deco is in a room on the same floor, only about 40 feet away, and the 3rd one on the second floor essentially right above the main hub.

I get really good speeds when I'm in the same room as the main Deco, but the drop off to the 2nd one (on the same floor) is crazy. I only get about 15mbps, per a speed test. It's almost like the 2nd Deco isn't doing anything at all, and I'm just connected to the main hub. The speeds in the bedroom with the 3rd Deco are good, but I'm assuming it's because it's right above the main hub.

Did I not set everything up properly? Again, it's almost like the additional Decos aren't doing anything at all.

I can confirm I'm in Router mode with Fast Roaming turned on. Thank you for any help!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M9 - What Am I Missing?
2022-11-21 09:48:35

@jpl04002 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I think your configuration should have no problem and you could check the following settings on the 2nd Deco M9 plus:

1. make sure the signal source is from the main M9 plus.

2. the signal strength has a least two bars.

3. when testing the speed, the client is connected to 5ghz of 2nd Deco M9 Plus, which could be checked via the Deco APP.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco M9 - What Am I Missing?
2022-11-27 19:50:46

@David-TP Sorry for the delay and thank you for replying.

Where in the app can I find that information? This is what I'm seeing on my app. The "Sunroom" deco is the one with the weak signal (getting 12 mbps, compared to 170mbps next to the "Living Room" main deco).

b9e2c39ea8ce4b2d8444d24a49f1073f672fc062897e48a2b70456b197fb000b

Looking forward to your reply,

Joe

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 155

Replies: 2

Related Articles