Wifi extender only using ethernet port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-23 19:20:31
Model: RE315  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, i want to know how i must configure RE315 to achieve this:

I will connect my router with Tp Link RE315 using Wifi 5ghz, then i will connect Tp Link RE315 to my Tv using Ethernet cable.

I want to know is if i can do this without RE315 working as a wireless repeater, because i don't need Wifi signal to be repeated at all.

Thank you very much.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wifi extender only using ethernet port
2022-11-24 11:45:44

@Galiza 

Hi, there is no need for additional settings to achieve the following setup:

main router----<5ghz>---RE315---<cable>TV

Just some tips during the quick setup:

1. only configure 5ghz to the main router, and skip 2.4ghz.

Usually, RE315 is able to provide both wireless and wired connections for devices:

main router----<either 2.4ghz or 5ghz or both>---RE315---2.4ghz clients+5ghz clients+1*Ethernet device.

Best regards.

Options
2022-11-25 08:07:46

@David-TP 

Thank you very much, so it isn´t possible to dissable Wifi 5 repeater function on RE315 when use it

only to receive Wifi signal from Router and transmit it to Tv using Ethernet cable ?, thanks again !

Options
2022-11-26 09:50:13

I've just received and installed RE315 and it's possible to dissable Wifi 5 repeater if you only want to use RJ45.

Once configuration is finished just disable Wifi extender on 2.4 & 5 Ghz and you`ll be able to connect to internet through ethernet RJ45.

@David-TP Thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 909

Replies: 3

Related Articles