How to extend current network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-26 12:48:57

Just bought Deco S4 series. How do I set up to expand current WiFi network instead of having to create a new network?

Options
3 Reply
Re:How to extend current network
2022-11-28 05:46:25

@JLewis1833 

Hi, you might need to change Deco S4 into access point mode, then change the SSID name of Deco to be the same as your current network name.

(PS: the main S4 needs to be wired into the current ISP wireless router via Ethernet cable.)

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-11-29 19:05:58

@David-TP  hi i am new to this but i do have it the way that you said and i still arent getting the best signals i bought this to get better wifi to my outdoor camaers

Options
2022-11-30 06:53:35

@kjess 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Do you use Deco S4, 2-pack, or 3-pack?

If you also use S4 to extend your current network, since the first main Deco node needs to be wired to the main router via Ethernet cable,  its Wi-Fi coverage is almost the same as your main router. The extra coverage would reply on satellite S4 mesh nodes.

So if you could provide more details about how you located the Deco and how far from the outdoor cameras to the nearest Deco, maybe we could check whether any changes need to be made.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 356

Replies: 3

Related Articles