Help - Printer not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-28 01:36:29 - last edited 2022-11-28 02:50:09
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

two months ago I had a Orbi router with brothers printer that worked without issue.  Then I bought the x60 and while my Macbook, iPhones, Andriod Fire Tablet can print, my wired PC windows 11 can not.  Anytime i install the Brothers software the printer will not show up on the network to select.  The new dec 3 software has made no difference.  Again my PC is wired and my Borthers printer is wireless connected. 

Anyone have any ideas?  Does it have anything to do with the fact that my PC is wired and my printer is wireless (although this is the was it was with the Orbi that had no issues)?

Side note, the Brothers printer see three different identical networks (one for each node?)

Options
7 Reply
Re:Help - Printer not working
2022-11-28 16:10:19

@osme02 

It sounds like you have your wired computer not connected into the Deco Router or AP. 

How do you have your network connected? 

Options
2022-11-28 17:21:44

@DAServices I have fiber so from the router to the x60 to the PC.  The PC get wired gigabit speeds.

Options
2022-11-29 06:59:39

@osme02 

Hi, I think you could temporarily connect the windows11 laptop via Ethernet cable to one of the satellite Deco X60 and check whether it could detect the printer.

By the way, have you ever set up a static IP address on a windows PC when it is connected to a previous Orbi router?

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-03 18:48:59 - last edited 2022-12-03 19:22:32

@David-TP 

Hi, I think you could temporarily connect the windows11 laptop via Ethernet cable to one of the satellite Deco X60 and check whether it could detect the printer.

-Interestingly connecting the printer directly to the router (just like the desktop) didnt change the issue.  Desktop still cant see the printer.  Again the macbook has no issue. 

By the way, have you ever set up a static IP address on a windows PC when it is connected to a previous Orbi router?

-No i didnt.

Options
2022-12-03 19:21:34

@David-TP 

I just installed a wireless card into my desktop and guess what?  It sees the printer.  So the issue is the printer cant see my desktop if its hardwired.  Again i didnt have this issue with my Orbi.

Options
2022-12-07 15:10:53
Ca anyone tell me why my x60 can’t see my hard wired computer but can see my wireless computer?
Options
2022-12-09 19:18:07

@osme02,

To jump in here,

I am not positive, but I assume the three networks could be either the three nodes or the different bands being broadcasted by the network. Since you recently changed networks, I would first recommend making sure that you forget the previous network on your PC, as it may have saved settings from the previous network. I would recommend also trying to change the printer's wi-fi to one of the other visible networks to see if this makes a difference.

Does your hardwired computer have an internet connection? If it does, it may simply not be showing in the client list; check to make sure your firmware for your nodes is running the most up-to-date firmware version. If your decos are configured as APs or there is an Access Point in your network, the device may be shown as having a virtualized MAC address.

Lastly, as this is affecting both the PCs visibility on the network and the ability for the PC to connect to the printer, I would suspect that there is a setting on the PC that is affecting its connection to the network. 

Options