Trying to setup my new Deco with Verzion Fios (bridged mode)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-29 18:26:09
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 build 20220429

Hello all i tried calling verzion for help but i was told that they arent allowed to help me put my router into bridged mode and would have to setup a 3 way call with verzion and some other company in order to get this done, so im hoping someone here can help me and i can avoid all that.

I have done some googling searching so i have the general idea of what needs to be done, except i must be missing something because i can't get my deco to connect to my g1100 after i change the settings to bridged mode.

Here is what i did so far:

I unplugged the ethernet wan which runs from the ont, as well as the moca(coax) and had 1 ethernet lan cable running from my modem to a computer so i could configure its settings. I then followed this guide to put my modem into bridged mode: https://forums.verizon.com/t5/g1100-bridging-guide/bd-p/g1100-bridging-guide

Once that was all complete i unplugged the lan cable running to the pc and plugged the lan cable into my new xe5300 where i attempted to begin its setup but the setup kept failing. Im assuming im missing a step some where inbetween here. if anyone could help me i would greatly appreciate it.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Trying to setup my new Deco with Verzion Fios (bridged mode)
2022-11-30 09:34:37

@jmd1982 Hi, Welcome to the community.

I googled around and found the following link shared by other Verizon users:

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/fios-internet/using-your-own-router-with-verizon-fios/td-p/851632

The first step here is to identify the internet connection, whether Ethernet WAN or Coax EWAN. Based on your description, you seemed to have both cables from fIbre ONT. Do you know which one is the internet resource?

According to the Verizon community members, if you have Ethernet WAN from ONT(the bottom gray WAN port is connected to ONT), then you don't need Fios G1100 anymore, Deco could be connected to ONT via Ethernet cable directly.

While if it is the Coax WAN, you need to put the Fios G1100 to bridge mode which Verizon is not suggested though.

In the G1100 Bridging Guide, It mentioned the IP settings. The Deco default IP range is 192.168.68.xxx, you could put Fios ONT to 192.168.68.254 and disable the DHCP on G1100. Then connect Deco to one of the four yellow LAN ports and start the configuration on the Deco APP.

Besides what was mentioned above,  the user here also mentioned something about DHCP release. Version Fios network might bind the WAN IP to the MAC address of G1100. So you could also refer to this link to clone the MAC address of G1100 to Deco:

How to Configure MAC Clone on Deco if Deco fails to connect to the internet

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 226

Replies: 1