random satellite drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

random satellite drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
random satellite drops
random satellite drops
2022-12-23 13:32:51
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20221121 rel. 36280

Hello Folks,

I recently added two Xe75s to my network of 4 M5s. I made one XE75 my main deco and placed the other one in my studio, a separate building 40 feet from my house. I have updated firmware. 

Many times, each day, I lose contact with satellites in the house or in the studio (there is an M5 in the studio as well as the Xe75). I have no idea why they drop.  Sometimes they come back on line after a few minutes.  Sometimes I have to reboot the entire system.

Like so many of us, I am now utterly dependent on stable wireless internet access as we work from home. I would be grateful for any advice on how to stablizie my system.

Thanks!

Kevin

Options
12 Reply
Re:random satellite drops
2022-12-23 16:54:37

@agitpropre  I am having the EXACT same issue. Had 2 - XE75 and 4 - M5 and they worked flawlessly for a couple of weeks until I updated the most recent firmware. Now the M5 units keep dropping from the network. It's been very frustrating especially for my wife who works from home and relies on dependable internet. I've been hoping for another update that fixes it, but nothing yet. 

Updated firmware on Deco XE75 and M5 units, and now the M5s keep dropping offline and I can’t figure out why. Is this a known issue? I’ve tried disconnecting and reconnecting but they keep dropping.

agitpropre wrote

Hello Folks,

I recently added two Xe75s to my network of 4 M5s. I made one XE75 my main deco and placed the other one in my studio, a separate building 40 feet from my house. I have updated firmware. 

Many times, each day, I lose contact with satellites in the house or in the studio (there is an M5 in the studio as well as the Xe75). I have no idea why they drop.  Sometimes they come back on line after a few minutes.  Sometimes I have to reboot the entire system.

Like so many of us, I am now utterly dependent on stable wireless internet access as we work from home. I would be grateful for any advice on how to stablizie my system.

Thanks!

Kevin

Options
2022-12-27 06:43:02

@RaiderSmiley @agitpropreThank you very much for the feedback.

The latest firmware 1.1.8 could be downgraded back to 1.1.6 directly via web UI if needed.

Would the satellite Deco turn red when it was disconnected from the others?

How often would you usually notice the disconnection?

Could you please also share a picture of your network map on the Deco APP?

By the way, are all the satellite Deco units wirelessly connected to each other?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-27 14:31:25

@David-TP 

Hi David , thank you for responding.

The satellites show solid red when they have dropped connection.  Disconnection occurs many times in a day - often every hour or two. All connections are wireless.

Here's a map from a few minutes ago. You will see that 3 decos are offline; an hour previous, all well showing green.  

Since I last wrote I made an m5 the 'main' deco, hoping that might change the situation.  It has not.

I'm sorry for the cropped map. I cannot get a full view in the app on an Apple SE.

Thanks for any help.

9d4054e2dfad44429f9abf24468a8a28

Options
2022-12-27 14:54:03

@agitpropre

Here's the full screen map.

pre 2029bd33ec6b49d68b6cbdd067fd49f4

Options
2022-12-27 17:19:46

@agitpropre 

So, for the record, I rebooted the deco network and all decos are back on line.  Waiting now to see what drops...

Options
2022-12-27 23:02:54

@agitpropre 

And here we are again -  same 3 satellites offline:

Options
2022-12-29 02:31:24

@David-TP  please tell me in detail how to downgrade the XE75 back to 1.1.6

Options
2022-12-29 02:34:05
Disconnections happen every day multiple times throughout the day. Only the M5s disconnect. It is so frustrating! I’ve never had this issue until I updated the firmware of the XE75.
Options
2022-12-29 08:28:02

@agitpropre Hi, Thank you a lot for the feedback. I have forwarded your case to the senior engineers. Please refer to the email for further assistance.

RaiderSmiley, Hi, I noticed that you have downgraded the firmware of Deco XE75 back to 1.1.6 now. Were you still having the disconnection issue?

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-29 13:53:47

@David-TP I successfully downgraded to 1.1.6 and no longer have any issues with the M5 Deco units dropping offline. It was an obvious issue with 1.1.8 causing this to happen. 

Options