deco AXE5400 losing internet connection (Red LED) intermittently

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-31 16:05:59
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.18 20221121 rel. 36380

Requesting help troubleshooting.

After almost a year of no issues, Deco6E loses internet connection and has solid red LED.  Tried multiple deco reboots and FIOS modem power cycles, no change. 

Using verizon FIOS internet.  Performed a recent firmware update on Deco about a week ago. 

Verizon confirms FIOS modem is fine.  Plugged in older netgear nighthawk router and internet is working fine with the older router. 

Plugged deco into ethernet port of nighthawk and internet on deco turns green and red intermittently on its own.

Any suggestions on where to begin to fix this issue?  thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:deco AXE5400 losing internet connection (Red LED) intermittently
2023-01-05 12:18:35

@Rayhwong Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

I might need to forward your case to the senior engineers later and could you please help me check the following information:

1. Could you please save a picture of the IPV4 settings on the Deco APP>More>Internet connection when Deco XE75 turned red again?

--you could send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com altogether will the following information.

2. How often did Deco usually lose the connection?

3. May I know the model number of the Verizon modem?

And since you mentioned the firmware upgrade, did the disconnection start just after the firmware upgrade?

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. change the DNS on the Deco to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.-How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

2. try to clone the MAC address of the old router to Deco.-How to Configure MAC Clone on Deco if Deco fails to connect to the internet

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 385

Replies: 1