deco S4 disconnects to my Roku only on certain channels

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-03 04:36:51 - last edited 2023-01-07 21:09:27
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20220113 Rel. 42007

I am connecting to a Roku device about 12 feet from the main unit. Some channels will only play for about 2 minutes than the wifi connection is lost and the Roku must be re-started to connect again. Some channels play just fine.

I need some help please.

Thanks

Jerry

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:deco S4 disconnects to my Roku only on certain channels-Solution
2023-01-07 21:08:44 - last edited 2023-01-07 21:09:27

@JerryInTellico 

I had this weird problem with one Roku device with two other Roku's working normally. Verified the Roku versions matched and also searched the Roku support site for answers. My next idea was to physically change the problem Roku with one without problems but didn't have to.

I also was having issues with a couple of devices because they were on a different subnet now after turning on the S4's. I needed all of my WiFi devices on the same subnet as before. I had setup the S4's in the default Router mode which created the additional subnet. Changing to Access Point set all back to one subnet and everything works great including the Roku that did not before.

I'm just moving on as the setup is working extremely well and I am more than happy with the S4's.

Thanks,

Jerry

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:deco S4 disconnects to my Roku only on certain channels
2023-01-04 10:11:17

@JerryInTellico 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I googled a little and found the following posts on Roku:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Solving-playback-issues/Several-channels-abruptly-stop-playing-after-a-few-minutes/td-p/521586

Is your current issue similar to the OP here?

What are the affected channels on your Roku Streaming device?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:deco S4 disconnects to my Roku only on certain channels-Solution
2023-01-07 21:08:44 - last edited 2023-01-07 21:09:27

@JerryInTellico 

I had this weird problem with one Roku device with two other Roku's working normally. Verified the Roku versions matched and also searched the Roku support site for answers. My next idea was to physically change the problem Roku with one without problems but didn't have to.

I also was having issues with a couple of devices because they were on a different subnet now after turning on the S4's. I needed all of my WiFi devices on the same subnet as before. I had setup the S4's in the default Router mode which created the additional subnet. Changing to Access Point set all back to one subnet and everything works great including the Roku that did not before.

I'm just moving on as the setup is working extremely well and I am more than happy with the S4's.

Thanks,

Jerry

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 370

Replies: 2