TP Link Deco XE75 Mesh not working with Sonos

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-04 17:06:23
Tags: #sonos
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 20220927 rel. 64671

My previous setup was an old Orbi mesh router hardwired to my ARC and then my entire system (9 speakers) were on the Sonosnet system. It worked really well.

I recently purchased the TP Link Deco XE75 6e Mesh router. I hooked up the Sonos ARC to the main router and the arc says WM:0 (hardwired to SonosNet). However, the rest of the speakers are on wifi WM:1 (WiFi). When I try to disable my wifi on the other speakers it comes up with an error. Also my other speakers are not staying connected via wifi. Sometimes I have to force close my app to get the speakers to show that they are connected.

You should be able to connect 1 speaker to the router via ethernet and then all the speakers will go on SonosNet.

I’d really like to use the Sonosnet system and get all the speakers off my wifi. Anyone have success with this TP Link Mesh system?

If not, I’m thinking about returning the TP-Link. Does anyone have any recommendations for a wifi 6e mesh system that works with Sonos?

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP Link Deco XE75 Mesh not working with Sonos
2023-01-05 06:50:34

@Mastacon 

Hi, May I know the error message when you tried to turn off the WiFi on the Sonos speakers?

Could you please help me run a simple test:

1. Temporarily turn off the 2.4ghz on the Deco XE75.

2. Then reboot the Sonos speakers and check whether it could force them to connect to the wired Sonos via Sonosnet.

By the way, if possible, please also try to change the wireless channel of the Sonosnet in case other wireless networks are on the same channel:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/change-your-sonos-system-s-wireless-channel

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:TP Link Deco XE75 Mesh not working with Sonos
2023-01-08 04:08:00

@Mastacon 

I have a Sonos playbar + Sub, two Sonos One v2, and two Sonos Symfonisk speakers all connected to a three-point XE75 mesh.

I've chosen not to use Sonosnet, because the XE75 mesh works so well. I'm using 6 GHz exclusively for backhaul.

Been using this for 3 months now - no issues from day 0. I have several wireless speaker groups, and I've never had any issue with them playing in sync, or even AirPlay 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1032

Replies: 2

Tags

sonos
Related Articles