Deco App and TPLink Smart Devices no Device List

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-09 20:01:54
Tags: #Deco App
Model: Deco X60   Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I no longer have a list of devices associated with my deco devices (X60/M9). The Deco webpage shows the devices connected to my network and does not show any TPLink Smart Devices. When I open the Deco App the network map initially shows the number of devices connected to my network, minus the TPLink Smart Devices. When the TPLink Smart Devices are included in the connection list the device numbers go away and there is no device list associated with the deco devices.

The TPLink Smart Devices randomly shows which deco device it is connected to but most devices don't show this. I assume normally the TPLink Smart Devices does not show which Deco Device it is linked with but I have at least 2 devices at any one time showing a Deco Device Link. (See screenshot file)

File:
TPLink Screenshots_230109.pdfDownload
Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco App and TPLink Smart Devices no Device List
2023-01-11 02:03:51

@uh2oluvr 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I have seen some users fix this issue by turning off Beamforming on the Deco APP>More>Advanced. Maybe you could check whether it helped this time.

If possible, it is also suggested to turn off "Mesh Technology" for the smart home devices on the Deco APP.

In case, it did not help, could you please help me submit the Deco APP log?

How to submit Deco APP log

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-01-11 02:52:02

@uh2oluvr 

I had both Beamforming and Fast Roaming DISABLED. I also disabled the Mesh Technology on my stationery devices. The TP-Link Smart Devices cannot have Mesh Technology disabled (?When I do they are re-ENABLED on their own?). This has no affect on the issue described. When the app is first opened after sometime (?Leaving the wifi area and returning?) it initially shows the Deco map with the number of connections and I can tap the Deco and it will show the devices connected to the Deco. It seems that after the TPLink Smart Devices are added to the Client List the number of connections and the list of devices per Deco disappears. This condition remains even after closing and restarting the App. When I clear the cache I can get the numbers and device list to return until the Smart Devices are added when the numbers and device lists disappear again.
I will submit a DECO App log using the heading of this thread.
Options
2023-02-04 01:52:52

I am having this same issue, none of my tplink smart devices show in the deco app.  I've found that powering off all my deco devices and then powering them back on they will show up again for some period of time.

Are there any updates or resolutions to this?

Options
2023-02-04 06:03:33

@Spencemt 

I've been working with TPLink support on the problem but they don't have a solution yet. We are not sure if it is the Deco App or Deco Firmware.

Like you, I found that powering down the Deco's resolves the problem for a short time, then the problem resumes.

Not knowing all the devices on the network, definitely makes management of my network a problem.

Options
2023-02-04 06:09:33

@uh2oluvr 

The latest Deco App update (3.2.13) only shows the online/offline clients, no TPLink Smart Devices. Each Deco device shows the (#) connections and a list of Client Devices connected but no TPLink Smart Devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 590

Replies: 5

Tags

Deco App
Related Articles