Archer A7 Multiple Wi-Fi Signals

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-11 02:56:41
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am planning on purchasing a TL-R605 to replace an Archer A7 as the main router for my mother's home network so that I can set up multiple VLANs and VPN. However, I would like to keep her A7 and use it as a wireless access point to keep costs down. She wants to use 2 different Wi-Fi networks in the home: the main one which would be visible to all devices, and also a hidden one which would be used for IoT devices. Is the A7 capable of broadcasting multiple Wi-Fi networks, or would I need to get a dedicated WAP for this? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer A7 Multiple Wi-Fi Signals
2023-01-12 17:53:25

@bobob23 

You can put the Archer A7 in AP mode to give your network on the TL-R605 wireless access.  You can a total of 4 networks.  Of these 2 will be on main networks and 2 can be guest networks.  For each, you can set up a 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz network.  This gives you a total of 4.  If you need more than that I would suggest looking at the EAP225 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 349

Replies: 1

Related Articles